The day before Ashley and Jack’s wedding, my second shooter, Lindsey, and I drove up to Lake Eden Events & Lodging to scout their breathtakingly beautiful and mountainous venue. The sun was setting as we drove up the long and winding road, we had arrived. Much to our surprise, we saw a group of people in costumes around a bonfire. At a distance, I recognized Jack– it’s hard to miss him, he’s just so tall! Since their wedding was Halloween weekend, they decided to make their rehearsal dinner a bonfire with costumes and pizza! Lindsey and I walked up to say ‘hi’ and ended up staying for the pizza, wine, and company.
Much like Ashley and Jack– everything about their wedding was unique, quirky, and special. A few of my favorite details from the day:
• The girls got ready in onesies.
• During their first look, Jack and Ashley took a selfie together, as the girls in the distance watched.
• If it were a sign, there was an overabundance of lady bugs! For every square foot of surface, living or inanimate, there was at least a dozen lady bugs on it!
• Tears… TEARS GALORE. Jack wrote a story for Ashley and read it during their vows… even before, everyone was crying. Me and Lindsey were even crying! I can officially say that it’s not easy taking pictures with a layer of tears between your eye and the viewfinder.
• Ashley, being a scientist, and Jack, having worked in the gaming industry for over twenty years: they both had their own personal touch in decorating the venue. From evolution and DNA charts to retro Pacman controllers and old school Gameboys, there was a piece of Ashley and Jack in every centerpiece.
• In lieu of a first dance, they had their “first DJ set” together. Jack, who is also an audiophile and sound engineer taught Ashley how to handle a turn table. They killed it with their house set!
• Sticking to Ashley’s southern roots, they had all the comfort foods! Pulled pork BBQ, mac ‘n’ cheese, and a whole spread of pies… you name it, it was all there! Now that I live in California, it was so nice to enjoy some authentic southern comfort on a plate again!
• They had a Nerf gun exit– which turned out to be as fun as it was painful for Ashley and Jack!