It just so happened that as I was hanging out at the skate park with the music video crew in Raleigh, that a person I had messaged early that morning (about a photoshoot for my LGBTQ series) had gotten back to me. Guess where they lived!
This person was a female to male transgender person (with such a beautiful soul, might I add). We talked for about an hour and a half about pretty much everything you can talk about with a stranger (and actually way more than that). When we decided to depart, as soon as I got in my car, I decided to call some friends in Greensboro that I hadn’t seen in a while. Lo and behold… they were about to have dinner in Durham! I meet them there and a great time is had by all.
I then head back to Greensboro (finally!) and I get a call… my friend is having a party for his birthday. You’ll never guess where I headed next. Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted the next day. And to think… I was arguing with myself all morning about whether or not I should have gone to Carrboro that morning.
How my Saturday could have gone:
1. Stay in bed and never leave bed.
2. Wallow in my self pity and loathing.
1. Be in a music video for The Love Language (and shoot behind the scenes stills)
2. Photograph two members of the LGBTQ community of 4×5 Ektachrome film in their homes.
3. Hang out with my really good friends who are moving to Portland, Oregon in a few days.
4. Be exhausted at my (very drunk) friend’s birthday party.
Glad I went with Option B. 🙂